BRADFORD AREA ONLY
- We recommend you wear light clothing whilst on poolside – it tends to get very hot poolside
- Please make sure the outside foyer door is closed upon entering and leaving to prevent a draft.
- Please use the chairs provided and refrain from standing around the poolside
- Parents/guardians must only enter changing rooms of their own gender
- Children aged eight years and above are to use the changing rooms of their gender only
- Please keep children in the changing rooms/foyer before their lesson commences to avoid any potential hazards
- Please keep noise to a minimum whilst lessons are in progress
- All jewellery must be removed whilst in the water
- Parents/guardians are responsible for taking their child to the toilet during lesson time
- There is NO running poolside
- Please refrain from eating poolside
- Respect the facility, teachers, staff and fellow customers/swimmers – we do not tolerate bullying or verbal abuse of any kind
- There is to be no videoing, photography or use of mobile phones poolside unless strict authorisation has been given by Swim Stars
- Swim Stars cannot be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings
- Swim Stars reserve the right to alter/amend any terms and conditions as it sees fit
- Membership fees are to be paid one month in advance
- If paying by cheque please send these to the office based in Bradford with your child’s name on the reverse of the cheque
- In the event lessons are cancelled, we may be able to offer you an alternative lesson. If not then a part membership refund will be awarded
- We have five predetermined weeks holiday during the calendar year. They are as above under opening times 2010
- We cannot account for personal holidays; however should your child fall ill for longer then a month you should inform us and show a doctors certificate. Your membership can then be suspended and your child reinstated when they return to full health.
If you wish to cancel your child’s place and standing order, you must give us at least 30 days written notice
- How long are the lessons?
The lessons are either 30mins or 45mins long dependent on ability. Generally intermediate lessons are 45mins in length
- How can I pay for my swimming lessons?
Membership is payable a month in advance by standing order
- What age can my child start swimming lessons?
Your child can swim in ducklings’ lessons from 3 months onwards
- How long will my child swim with you?
Your child can work their way through Ducklings awards right up to the ASA level 10 swim awards and beyond. There is no limit.
- How long will it take for my child to swim?
Every child progresses at a different rate and it would be impossible to predict how long learning to swim would take. However, children who swim regularly outside of lessons, with parents for example, definitely progress quicker
- Do you offer adult lessons?
Yes! Adult lessons are arranged ad hoc to suit the needs and requirements of the adult. Please contact us to find out what is running in your area. We also offer Adult and Child lessons too!